Top Ten Tuesday!
Once again, I'm doing Top Ten Tuesday meme from The Broke and the Bookish. Whether I reach 10 or not remains to be seen...I absolutely love YA dystopia/sci fi stuff, so here we go...If You Like Suzanne Collins and the Hunger Games, You'll Like:
- Under a Never Sky by Veronica Rossi (more people need to read this!)
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth (sequel to Divergent)
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
- Gone (and its many companions) by Michael Grant
- The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
- The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness (sequel to The Knife of Never Letting Go)
- Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness (sequel to The Ask and the Answer)
- Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi (If you have not read this, you are missing out on one of the most well written, well developed worlds, with beautiful characters and amazing dialogue)
I liked this. Time to do another. Because I'm just that way.IF YOU LIKE STRONG FEMALE CHARACTERS IN YOUR YA FANTASY:
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore
- Fire by Kristin Cashore (companion to Graceling, one overlapping character)
- Trickster's Queen by Tamora Pierce
- Trickster's Choice by Tamora Pierce (this is the first, Queen is the second, both are amongst Tamora's best works)
- Eon by Alison Goodman
- Eona by Alison Goodman
- Okay, let's be honest, anything by Tamora Pierce. I frequently sleep in a pile of her books in hopes that I will absorb badassedness by diffusion (it's not osmosis, people, that's only water)
- Huntress by Malinda Lo (GO READ THIS NOW)
- Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (tattoos, punk rock guys, faeries...I mean, really, you can't resist. I'm not even a faery girl and I loved this series)
- Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling. Hermione is a girl who stands on her own anywhere. She is a truly wonderful female character.
That's all! Share with me your TT posts!